We have re-designed the traditional sample catalogs of the German firm DLW. We have done this jointly with a traditional Spanish printing company which has developed a unique and exclusive technology especially suitable for the production of sample catalogs and color charts without the use of adhered materials or samples.
The challenge: Turn traditional DLW sample catalogs into a lighter-and-easier-to-produce piece without losing its purpose.
It has been many months of work and many tests to reproduce the exact colors of our client’s floors.
The result is a catalog with a single real sample. The rest of references are printed in relief, reproducing the same textures and colors as the original pavements.
This new design achieves maximum efficiency. By changing the design and production system of the current sample catalogs / product catalogs we have been able to:
- Lower the cost of production with a new system that allows reproducing maximum color fidelity, textures and finishes of the actual samples without the need to insert them in the catalog.
- Reduce the management and handling of samples in the sample catalogs.
- Minimize the risk of making mistakes in the current system by raising/producing real samples.
- Reduce weight and volume to lower logistics costs.
- Facilitate the work of the sales network.
- Reduce environmental impact.
- Reach a greater number of customers.
With the launch of DLW Flooring’s Looselay, our first production has been well received by the market.